Sunday, January 1, 2012

Memories, Dreams, and Reflections 2011

Hello everyone! This year I am participating in Memories, Dreams, and Reflections 2011. You can read about it here. I think that there was only two prompts that I did not have a picture for one was dress up- and the other I miss you.


                                                      
1.Me
Not the best picture, but there you have it! 


2. I Love You
My lovely parents! This picture was taken in Colonial Williamsburg. We love using our  mugs. 


3. Still Laughing....
This picture symbolizes one of the funniest experiences in my short life. During our Civil War Tour, I was one of the four girls on the lunch crew. Basically, we needed a way to tell the turkey sandwiches from the ham sandwiches. We couldn't find a sharpie so we used the next best thing..... fingernail polish! Click here to read the full account from the very talented Grace (An eye-witness). 


4. Winter Wonderland
I just took this picture this past week. We were excited that it snowed enough to cover most of the ground.



5. Birthday
This was my dad's 40th birthday cake. His favorite- German chocolate complete with homemade numbers and a real piece of the Berlin Wall. 


6. Friends
The lunch crew: Grace, Brittany, Rachel, and me. This is certainly not all of my friends, it was the only picture with this many. Another good friend is the one who took this picture, Anna. I am very grateful for all of my friends, both young and old. They have taught me much and have endured my talkative, random, and shy habits. Thanks! 



7. I Was Inspired
I took these pictures of the World War II and Vietnam memorials during our trip to Washington DC. I am truly inspired by the courage that the men and women of these wars possessed. They did not shrink from responsibility and stood up for what was right, and fought what was evil. Also, my grandfather fought in the Vietnam war and I have always admired his commitment to his country. Thank you to all who have and are fighting to protect our country and liberty! 


8. Spring Fever
I LOVE flowers! 


9. Travel or Vacation
This picture was taken on out Civil War Tour. Directly behind me is Arlington House which was Robert E. Lee's home. Arlington Cemetery sits on what used to be their property. It was seized during the war. I think that this is interesting: The Abraham Lincoln memorial was built directly across from Lee's home and the Washington memorial is in-between them. These two men fought against each other but here they come together with their common tie, George Washington, in the midst of our capital.


10. Summer Days
For a girl who lives in the south, I had a hard time finding a picture for this prompt. 


11. A Day In My Life
Olivia is peeling an apple. All of us girls love to cook and do it on an every day basis. 


12. All Smiles
My dad took this picture. The Breagy and Vestal children were all supposed to be smiling for a picture. However, three of us were videoing, one was climbing, and only two were smiling! I love this picture. 


13. Autumn Harvest
This past September, we put up a ton of pickles. We gave a lot of jars as Christmas presents. 


14. Family
Tommy, Heather, Lenyer, Grayson, Olivia


15. Celebrate! 
There was no weddings this year (which is what I think of when i hear celebration!) so I used a picture from our Valentines Day dinner. 


16. Let's Do It Again....
We love the beach and I love getting time to spend with my cousins. 


17. Beautiful
This desk is beautiful in every way. I love the vintage feel, the typewriter, and lamp! This was my second favorite picture from this year. 


18. Macro
I found and edited this picture today. I really like how it turned out. 


19. Holiday
Our Christmas tree. 


20. My Favorite
This picture was taken at the Elizabethean Gardens on Roanoke Island. I love this picture!


21. Don't Ever Change


22. Just Because.... So There! 


23. Hopes and Dreams

I hope everyone has a great New Year! 

~Lenyer

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your picture at the very top! You have such a fantastic smile. These pictures were so great. I loved the desk and the pickles and the little girl smiling and most of all, I loved looking at your beautiful year. Wishing you another very lovely one!

Andrea Dawn said...

Great collection of memories. I love your winter wonderland, the beach shot and your beautiful desk . . . so cool! I really like your last two that you've paired with scriptures. Nicely done. Happy New Year!

Ashley Sisk said...

What a beautiful set - I especially love your flower shots and the last shot as well. Beautiful work!

My Captivating Life said...

You are very talented!

Cedar said...

Looks like a fun year! I love the smiles shot and the tree!